Bird blossom needle book

>> Sunday, July 09, 2006

(SOLD)

I think this one is my favourite so far. As I've mentioned before it can be hard for me to let the things I've made go sometimes. But nevertheless it's in the shop! I use my shop income to make a bit of a dent in the spending I do on crafts supplies. For example the Amy Butler weekender bag supplies really added up and it will be more than $60 in the end, and that's despite the fact that I'm using some pink fabric I had on hand. Also people have asked me for the needle books, which is really nice. I love to think that people all over the place have them tucked into their sewing boxes and use them when they sew.

This one took a bit longer with the embroidery details. When I'm working on things I develop an association with what I was watching at the time. For this batch of needle books it's actually been the world cup - Bradley is a big fan of soccer and for some reason of all team sports I like this one the best. Which is a nice way of saying that soccer doesn't bore me to tears! It gets more interesting when you start to understand what's going on. But it's almost over, France is playing Italy in the final game. But enough about soccer...while he's watching I'm working away on my needle books!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  July 09, 2006  

That's such a gorgeous needle book - I wish I could embroider like you!

marcisenders July 09, 2006  

All your needle books are beautiful! Great job!

astridpersons July 10, 2006  

where do you find the time of this enormous production?

laura capello July 10, 2006  

The bird embroidery is beautiful. Of course, I really shouldn't be surprised -- all of your needlebooks are georgeous.

Anonymous,  July 11, 2006  

Your illustrations are divine.

Re the needle books, I would just love to have one. It's a wonderful thing to make something you like enough to want to keep it. I think that's the best measure of how good a job you do making something!

I am a french handsewer (very foofy children's clothes, etc.) and the amount of money I spend on fabric, laces, tatting, etc., is insane. The place where I sew charges a minimum of $165 for a very simple infant daygown with embellishment. Fabric and notions aren't always cheap, are they?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP